Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's not easy being green...

Kids, sometimes I feel like Kermit the Frog at the beginning of The Muppet Movie, sitting on a log, strumming my banjo, alone in the swamp wondering where life will take me next. As a side note, it's hard to believe that The Muppet Movie came out the year I was born... perhaps that's why I have such a strong connection with it.

As another year goes by, I feel stuck in a rut. I can't really think of much in the past year that was dramatically new or different than the year before. Though despite that all, I'm happy. I live a good life, have all that I need, but that's part of the problem. Nothing's motivating me to change things up.

I'm meeting some people, but obviously not finding the right people, or not looking in the right places. Unfortunately, it's not easy to figure out where the whole train is getting derailed. If I weren't so happy here, I've had fleeting thoughts of just picking up and moving and starting a new life somewhere else. Not that I would actually do it, but sometimes it's fun to think about doing something dramatic to make my life new and different again.

But in the meantime, a measured response would be simply make a stronger effort to mix things up and find something new. One of these days I'll get around to that. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment