Sunday, May 23, 2010

The One(s) Who Got Away

Kids, they say it's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. That's probably true, but it's an incredibly bogus way of looking at it. I've met a lot of people, dated some of them, and obviously none of those have worked out. But that doesn't mean they haven't been worth my time.

In fact, I'm probably one of the few people in the world who really don't have anything bad to say about any of my past relationships. Sure, they've had their down moments, but what relationship hasn't? Certainly they all haven't ended on my own account, but that doesn't change the fact that they just haven't worked out. And that's OK. Though, my hope is that they don't think I'm the scum of the Earth at least.

But whether they work out well or not, the highest praise I can give to any of them is not what I learned from the experience, but that they gave me renewed hope that good people still exist, and that my perfect somebody is still out there somewhere.

Now I just have to find her...

No comments:

Post a Comment